Thursday, November 14, 2013

SCORE.... 1 Vintage Pom Pom Christmas Tree!

With the approach of the holidays rapidly creeping upon us, my search for the ever elusive vintage silver christmas tree has been escalating. I've been busy scouring estate sales and local antique shops for the past couple of months to no avail. Everyone has the green ones.  The silver? Not so much. Been hoping to avoid Ebay - prices are already jacked up, and then there's the shipping. Our local craigslist has had diddly squat. That is.... until a couple of days ago!

A few mornings back while enjoying my morning coffee, I once again decided to check craigslist. I knew it would probably be another fruitless search, but what they hey - what did I have to lose? I'd already checked every search term I could think of : "silver" Christmas tree, "aluminum" Christmas tree, "artificial" Christmas tree, "fake" Christmas tree, "Faux" Christmas tree, "vintage" Christmas tree, "old" Christmas tree to no avail. I even substituted "Xmas" for Christmas. Then, for some weird reason the term "tinsel" popped into my head. Ok - why not try "tinsel tree" just for the heck of it? So I plugged it in, and... Ta-Dah! THIS is what popped up:
  
OKAY!  But... how tall is the tree? What brand is the tree? Does it have all it's branches? How about the original box? So... after a quick communication with the seller, I ascertained that the tree is 6ft. tall. It is a "Sparkler Pom Pom" with all 94 branches complete with the original box. Oh - and by the way - it also includes a color wheel, too! Was I still interested? Umm... YEAH!  The town was an hour drive away - so I hopped in my car the next day, met the seller, plopped down the cash so now I am am the proud owner of the above vintage Christmas tree! :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment